It has been great to see pupils back in school since the beginning of September.
It is important, however, that we are prepared to continue to provide high-quality opportunities for learning remotely. This may be needed in a range of different circumstances including if pupils are self-isolating, groups of pupils are asked to self-isolated or the government introduces a local lockdown.
Please see below our plans for remote learning.
Individual pupils self-isolating
- Tasks will be set for each subject each week on Firefly. Pupils should log into Firefly to check the work that has been set and either submit it to their teachers via Firefly or on their return to school.
- If your child is not able to access Firefly on any device please contact the school office at email@example.com
- If your child does not know their login details, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Whole class or year group is working at home
- If a whole class or year group is working at home rather than in school, we still want to be able to keep pupils learning and have access to lessons with their teachers. We will be using a platform called Google Meet to be able to share live lessons with pupils.
- Teachers will continue to use Firefly to set tasks and mark work and we will still use our lgfl email accounts for communication.
- Teachers will either send all pupils in their class an email with a link to the Google Meet lesson or include the link in a task on Firefly. Teachers will include details of when the lesson will take place and any resources that will be needed. The lesson will usually start at the time of the lesson on the pupils’ timetable. Teachers will send the link and any resources that pupils need to access by 9am on the day of the lesson.
- Pupils will have been given login details for G Suite (Google) and instructions for how to access a Google Meet. The Home-School agreement has been updated to reflect this approach to remote learning and sets out the expectations for behaviour that we expect pupils to follow.
Partial School Closure
- In the event that school is closed for the majority of pupils, parents will be informed which pupils can or should still be attending school.
- All other pupils will receive remote lessons via Google Meet as above.
Instruction videos and documents for the online platforms can be found here:
|Using Technology for Learning at EWS||01st Oct 2020||Download|