Investors in Careers
The Ellen Wilkinson School for Girls is excited to announce that we are fully meeting the Quality in Careers Standard in our June 2022 re-accreditation. This is the highest accolade that Schools, Academies and 6th Forms can seek to evidence their outstanding CEIAG. Highlights of the report include:
- The Head Teacher and Governing Body recognise the importance of careers work and encourage a whole-school approach to CEIAG.
- There is a comprehensive careers programme, which includes Careers Education (taught in PSHCE, form time, during Enrichment Days and across the curriculum), impartial IAG from the Connexions Careers Adviser and a range of work-related learning activities and events.
- Strong Senior Management and Governor support and a whole school approach to CEIAG
- A committed Careers Team, including the Careers Leader, the Careers Coordinator, the Head of PSHCE and the Connexions Careers Adviser, who work well together to oversee and develop the careers programme
- A comprehensive programme of work-related learning, which includes Enrichment Days, careers fairs and mock interviews, involving a wide range of employers and employees, in which students are actively involved
- Inspirational career-related displays on the school noticeboards which develop career ideas and increase student aspiration and motivation
- Students benefit from a high allocation of Careers Adviser time, which enables them to be seen at an early stage and provides opportunities for effective follow-up as necessary