Is your daughter eligible for the Pupil Premium?
The school's Pupil Premium reports for the past two years can be downloaded below
‘….Every pupil matters to us. All the resources of the School are focused to this end….’
What is the Pupil Premium?
The Pupil Premium was introduced in April 2011 to provide targeted funding for those pupils from low income families. There is a lot of evidence to support the fact there is a gap in achievement evident from early years that continues to widen through primary and secondary school. Alongside the Pupil Premium the government has invested in other initiatives to close the ‘gap’ in achievement:
- Raising the school leaving age to 17 (2013-14)
- Raising the school leaving age to 18 (2014-15)
- Summer Schools (started 2012)
- Free early years education for the most disadvantaged 20% of 2 year olds
- Legal Entitlement for 3-4year olds to free early education
- Catch up programme for Year 7s below Level 4 upon secondary entry
The Pupil Premium is for direct funding for the following pupils:
- Looked After Children
- Service Personnel Children
- Adopted children or those under special guardianship or previously been under a care order
- Free School Meals (FSM - Pupils currently on FSM)
- Ever 6 (Any pupil that has been on FSM at any point in the last 6 years)
Funding will be based on the information presented by the school from the school census in January.
The Pupil Premium is a wonderful opportunity for us to directly support your child to make better, more rapid and sustained progress.